A couple of weeks ago I participated in a new internet chat show called Chew on This hosted by Sari Colt and featuring myself, Adam Waxman, Jennifer Gee and Shana Hillman. It was a livestream but I didn’t share the link because I didn’t know how it would go. It has now been edited. Watch below.
That’s me in the still above!
Links to go with the video:
- The Whitby BBQ joint that I referred to (in my head debating whether or not to name it): Buster Rhino’s BBQ.
- Cafe Du Lac (mentioned by Jennifer)
- Stratford restaurants mentioned by Adam: Pazzo Ristorante + Pizzeria, Rundles, Bijou. Also see Savour Stratford.
Mac and Cheese discussion
- Blog TO’s The Best Mac and Cheese in Toronto (May 2010) as mentioned by Shana.
- S’Mac -Mac and cheese restaurant in Manhattan
- MoRoCo -Theirs is a truffled mac & cheese. Aged cheddar, béchamel, golden gruyere crust, served with seasonal greens.
- Wheezie’s on Yelp (they don’t have a website)
- The Drake Hotel. Their mac and cheese is made with 4 cheeses, herb bread crumbs and chili broccoli. I haven’t tried their mac and cheese but if you’re a regular reader of my blog you might know that The Drake is one of my favourite places to eat in the city, and I indicate in the video that I think they make everything well. I’ve been a fan of chef Anthony Rose for a couple of years.
I had fun and do hope we get to do it again! Sorry that so much of what I said was inaudible. Next time I’ll speak louder and slower and move the mic up. It was originally placed on my cardigan, but I took that off between segments because it was really hot in the studio. It kept slipping on my shirt strap. My nerves showed too.
Some of the best discussion off camera. Great group of people!
Enjoy the video.
Eat well, be well.