In April I announced my new website, Finding Health & Wellness. It’s currently in soft launch. There’s still more work to do, but I’m designing/creating as I go rather than creating the site separately and getting it all up at once. I want content up, even if it’s not perfect. The site looks completely different than it did when I first announced it here.
For a long time I couldn’t decide what to do with Andrea the Gastronaut. Keep it or leave it? It comes up in search engines so I don’t want to kill it.
After I went to a media preview for the Canadian National Exhibition recently I decided what I’m going to do:
- I will keep Andrea the Gastronaut and use it for posts about local events including restaurant openings and possibly some product reviews.
- My Twitter handle has changed from “@cdnfoodiegirl” to “@_andreatoole“. If you were following @cdnfoodiegirl, you still are, because Twitter treats it like the same account, not a new one. Further explanation:
- The reason for the underscore: Someone with my name signed up for Twitter a few years ago and never used it. Twitter doesn’t release user names.
- I still might change it again to some variation of “finding health & wellness” but by using my name I can use a single Twitter account for community announcements, promoting my freelance work in writing and social media and for other purposes. I have stopped using – but haven’t deleted- a second Twitter account.
- My Instagram account is now findinghealthwellness.
I’ve been migrating content over but leaving introductions to posts here with a link to the new site. An example of this is a post I published here in May about eating liver.
The @canadianfoodiegirl.com email address will remain active (it’s all in Google apps anyway), though you won’t notice the difference if you contact me via my contact form. I also might be slower to respond because with my gmail address and the two associated with my two website, there’s a lot of email to check and respond to.
Hope to see you over there.