It’s the final category in my Christmas gift guide.
’tis the season of giving
How about a donation in someone’s name? Here are a few organization that could use your help:
- FoodShare, a non-profit community organization whose vision is Good Healthy Food for All. Make a regular donation, give a copy of Share: Delicious Dishes from FoodShare and Friends to the food lover in your family or buy someone a ticket to this year’s Recipe for Change. Early Bird tickets are now on sale for the event on February 27.
- Second Harvest is the main provider of fresh food to people in need in Toronto, with over 7.4 million pounds delivered in the last 12 months.
- The Stop: For just $1.53, you can give a hot, nutritious meal to someone who doesn’t know where their next meal is coming from. By making a $25 donation to The Stop Community Food Centre, you will purchase a food hamper for a family in need on behalf of the special people on your list. Each hamper provides a family of four with a three day supply of food. Details here.
- Daily Bread Food Bank: Support The Daily Bread Food Bank’s holiday drive. Daily Bread distributes over 10 million pounds of food a year to individuals and families who are struggling with hunger in our communities. 66,000 hamper boxes are distributed each month through over 170 member agencies and 200 food programs
- Second Harvest: Second Harvest is the main provider of fresh food to people in need in Toronto, with over 7.4 million pounds delivered in the last 12 months.
This concludes my gift guide. The next post will be a list of gift guides created by other people, to be posted in the next couple of days.