To end my series on gift giving for 2013, here are recommendations from others:
Gift Guides from local (Toronto) media & bloggers
- Bonita’s Holiday Gift Guide 2013 (Spotlight Toronto) Chemex coffee maker or subscription to Lucky Peach? Both are unique and interesting gifts.
- Twenty cookbooks from 2013 that will inspire greatness (The Globe and Mail) The Canadian Craft Beer Cookbook is on their list!
- Foodie Gifts: Joel Solish, co-creator of Death Row Meals (Foodie Pages)
- A holiday gift guide for the Toronto food lover (BlogTO)
- A holiday gift guide for the Toronto cocktail lover (BlogTO)
- A holiday gift guide for the Toronto beer lover (BlogTO) – Many cool ideas in here, another vote for David Ort’s new Craft Beer Cookbook and one for The Hungover Cookbook.
- The Ultimate Holiday Craft Beer Gift Guide (Steam Whistle)
- Toronto Christmas Gift Ideas 2013: our list of presents for the food lovers (Toronto Life) – I considered giving a Soda Stream to my man for Christmas but we don’t have the space for one. Craft Beer Brittle With Almonds sounds pretty good. Most of the ideas do.
- The 2013 Gift Guide: OCTA Staff Picks Edition – This one is Ontario-wide. The Canadian Craft Beer Cookbook is on their list too.
Gift Guides from Serious Eats
- For the Backyard Cook I second the recommendation for welding gloves, grill grates and, of course, Thermapen.
- For the Pitmaster – But not MY pitmaster because he has everything he needs, none of which is on that list. If you’re in Ontario, visit Ontario Gas BBQ. Also check out the article I wrote about kickass grilling tools for View the Vibe last spring.
- High End Kitchen Tools “Dutch oven”, also on the Backyard Cook list, makes me giggle. We recently got the sous vide circulator depicted. And this one mentions Thermapen too.
- For Chocolate Lovers (Warning, it’s a slide show. I hate slide shows that make me click.)
- For The Ice Cream Maker
- Stocking Stuffers. We never use our bear paws but the edible pens look cool.
- For the Aspiring Food Photographer
- For the Cheese Lover – Bonus tip: If you’re in Toronto, visit Cheese Boutique! It’s heaven for cheese fans.
- For Wine Lovers – Bonus tip: If you’re on Ontario, check out the Wine and Tour gift experiences offered by Samba Days.
- Fun Gifts for Bakers…
- …and for Gluten Free Cooks (Few of those are really specific to gluten free cooks)
- Their favourite cookbooks of 2013.
Other food and drink gift guides:
- From Tasting Table (NYC): Eat Drink Make Party.
- From Fooducate: 5 Holiday Gift Ideas for Foodies
- From Saving Dinner: Great gift ideas for the Paleo eater in your life. I own more of those items. I’ve been curious about Bulletproof coffee for awhile but won’t spend the money on it. Instead I improvise a similar concoction.