Gift and celebration ideas
These have shown up in my inbox and RSS feed…
Mothers Day: Food
- If you’re in Toronto, take your mom to Mother’s Day Luncheon at Geraldine. It’s a 9 course menu by Margot Henderson from Shoreditch, England.
- Celebrate mom with elegant French pastry from Nadège. “From a delicate new cake inspired by spring blossoms to her favourite macarons packed in her own special box, NADÈGE has everything you need to show maman you care.”
Mothers Day: Wine
- Buy mom tickets to Graze the Bench, a weekend celebrating wine, food and music with 8 participating Niagara wineries June 7 & 8.
- …Or buy her a nice bottle of wine, or a gift card for wine.
Mother’s Day: Other ideas
My own ideas – a quick list
(Some of these are repeats from last year.)
- A food tour or class from Culinary Adventure Company.
- A spa day with mom at Alma Natural Quick Spa for $140. “Spend quality time and pamper mom with our signature Manicure & Pedicure plus a Spa lunch for the two of you!”
- I recommend this every year and all the time: One of Meghan Telpner’s workshops. They’re addictive; you can’t attend just one.
- Thermapen instant read thermometer – because I always recommend buying Thermapens or any other Thermoworks product such as the TimeStick, Chef Alarm or ThermoPop.
Also read my Mother’s Day post from last year.