Shortly before I began typing out a holiday gift guide post which has been swirling in my head for days, I saw the announcement.
See this book?
Today on Facebook Ms. Meghan Telpner announced that it’s won a best cookbook award by Gourmand, Health/Nutrition category. To clarify, that’s Gourmand WORLD Cookbook award. Best in Canada, English. That’s huge. Here’s the corresponding blog post at Meghan’s blog. I wanted to learn more about the awards. Wikipedia had what I needed:
The objectives of the Awards are:
- To reward and honour those who “cook with words”.
- To help readers find the best out of the 26000 food and wine books produced every year.
- To help publishers with international rights to translate and distribute food and wine books.
- To help book retailers find the 50 food and wine books that each year should be offered to clients.
- To create an opportunity to access the major markets in English, Chinese, German, Spanish or French for books originated in other languages.
- To increase knowledge and respect for food and wine culture, which promotes peace.
The winners in each language are announced in November, and compete for the Best in the World, announced in April of the following year at a gala dinner.
…Like I said, this is huge. I am so happy for Meghan. My heart is all a flutter. Go wish her a congratulations on her blog.
Want a free copy of UnDiet?
You know what else is cool? Until the end of today when you spend $99 or more on online courses or gift vouchers and more at meghantelpner.com you get a free copy of UnDiet to keep or have sent as a gift. More details along with three awesome strategies for eating through the holidays available in her post titled The UnDiet Celebration Guide: Making Holidays Easy!.
Get the UnDiet Celebration Guide
The UnDiet Celebration Guide itself is a beautiful menu planner and more than includes 15 recipes, top UnDiet celebration tips, recipe options for serving 12 or 24, paleo & vegan options, a shopping list for those recipes with the options, a stress-free meal prep schedule and printable menu cards with both colour and black & white options. It’s only $10 and you KNOW that it will be beautiful because it’s from Meghan.
All this a reminder that I still have one or two copies floating around to give away but more on that later.
And so, gift guide coming soon. It was derailed by Meghan’s great news and I’m 100% okay with that.
UnDiet, is here & full of goodness